Ephesians Memory Challenge

ephesians header pic

Hello Ladies! I was very excited to hear that the next full book Pastor Matt will be preaching through is Ephesians. It is one of my favorite New Testament books (is it okay to admit I have favorites??) and I can’t wait to dive into it. As I was contemplating my excitement today, I had an idea and I’d like to share it with all of you and invite you to participate with me.

I am going to memorize the book of Ephesians and I’d love for you all to do it with me! I’m setting a goal of two verses a week which comes out to 77.5 weeks (or a year and a half) to memorize all 155 verses in the book.

I know that this is a big time commitment and I also know how easy it is to start a large Bible memory project and then to not finish it, (I have memorized the first two chapters of Philippians and the first two and a half chapters of James) which is why I think doing it with other women will be really helpful.

So, if you are interested (and I hope you are!), come up with an accountability group and get started! Maybe memorize with your teenage daughters, with your discipleship group, with the women in your community group, or with a woman that you’ve been wanting to develop a relationship with. Anyone that you will see or talk to on a regular basis will work well and if you can’t think of anyone, let me know and I’ll do it with you.  Commit both to memorizing yourself and encouraging others to keep going and pursuing the end goal together.

I’ve attached a schedule so that we will all be on the same page. Looking forward to memorizing and learning alongside all of you!

Ephesians Memory Plan

Comments

1. Esme Randle says:

Excellent idea, Nichole! Ever since I read that book on the book of Ephesians, I keep coming back to it time and time again. You can never be reminded of your identity in Christ too many times! All that to say – I’m in!

2. Sherri Stocker says:

Count me in! I want to see this through. Like you, I’ve done 1 John 1-2, 1 Peter 1-3 and started Ephesians and Philippians awhile back. I want to finish one! (Not that it hasn’t been beneficial to do the sections of Scripture.) I’ll ask my CG, otherwise, Esme… you may be seeing a lot of me. *wink*

3. Linda Cate says:

I am very excited that you have presented this idea! I have been wanting to get back into memorizing Scripture. Way back in my early Christian days I joined a group of ladies who memorized a total of 60 verses. We met weekly and memorized either 1 or 2 verses a week (I can’t remember…it was over 30 yrs. ago!) There were about 8 or 10 of us, and we EACH had to recite ALL the verses we had memorized up to that point every week when we met. (I think towards the end we may have broken up into two groups to recite.) You can bet that we all knew and remembered those verses, both reciting and hearing them that many times!!!!
    So.. along with all of Nichole’s excellent suggestions for encouraging and holding accountable, I would like to add that you each recite your verses with your accountability person/group each week. It is edifying and totally helps you to remember better. You will find that those verses will more readily come to mind not only for your own personal benefit, but also as you minister to others. What a WIN-WIN!

4. Kendal Barriere says:

Thanks Nichole for the post and for spurring us on to memorize. I know that it’s a great discipline to have, and I have, unfortunately, never really attempted it. I am committing to this challenge with my discipleship group. =)

5. christie b says:

Totally want to do it. 🙂

6. christie b says: